This will be a summary post to all the mods I did to my hguc hinu. Lots of pics in this post. I didn’t even realize I had taken 647 pics of this model from the very beginning.
Sliced the rifle into 2, inserted plastic beam, and puttied.
Added some more details with koto MSG parts and some scratchbulit parts.
Lengthened the neck a bit with a stack of plaplates.
Beefed up the chest by a bit with epoxy putty and plaplate
4. Shoulder armor
Accidentally ‘cut’ one of the shoulder armor off, there was no turning back so I did some more cutting XD
Leaving half of the internal shoulder frame exposed.
Nothing much here, just extra panel lines
More panel lines work here, and some epo putty to make the feet look more smexy 😀
See all the putty, that was my first time trying out custom panel lines and that’s what I ended up with, errors here and there, hahaha.
The usual skirt cut to make the left and right skirt move separately.
Yeah, backpack, this is where my mod is concentrated.
Sanded the bacpack a bit to reveal the internal frame.
Tried out magnet system for the funnels.
Had to make some parts to cover the pla beams ^^
Some more extra panel lines on the funnels.
Additional tail binder to balance out the proportion from rear view. Made of plaplate and some plastic cable tie .
This is also another quite big SB project for me. Took me a long time to complete the SB.
Sketch of my very first idea. Later on doing many experiments with the shape and the final result is totally different from this sktech XD
Okay, I decided to go with that shape. Time to start another SB.
With the same materials and method, managed to create other parts.
Test fit the bazooka
Got my first airbrush when working on this project. Was very excited to try and some of the white parts ended up having a rough texture >.<
I have to admit my SB parts are killing when it comes to masking, the same thing happened with the funnels, all the joints are molded in white.
And this is what I scrapped during my mods….maybe will use this for next gunplas.
After all the painting, now what’s left is lining and decal. Hoping to finish this kit soon 😀
I guess the next post about this will be the completed version.