Another weekend progress on my scratch build work. Managed to make the parts for joining the binders to the back of overflag.
I just realized that overflag kinda resembles rideback, especially when it’s like this ^_^
Now for the weekend WIP
Most parts were made of pla plates, but I also used my old gundam’s part.
Those white parts are pla plates, cylinders are from the runners, long black part is from my d-hell custom. The method to make parts from pla plates is still the same, stacked several layers and sanded until smooth. Used tamiya scriber and a pinvise to add details.
As for the holes for the cylinders, I made them using a screwdriver. I burnt the tip for a while and then quickly drove it through the pla plates. Quite a dangerous thing to do to your gunpla >.<
When glued together, they look like this
The left one is for when the binders are opened, and the right one is for closed binders. Again, I used the same system as the kotobukiya model ^_^.
When the white joint is attached to the d-hell wing (binders opened)
When binders closed
A side view showing the proportion.
I still have problem with the weight. I plan to attach only 5 binders like the pics above (binders attached to the left), that means there have to be something at the right side to balance things, and I have no idea what to use >.<